WANHO Manufacturing is committed to providing a full range of products and services that are environmentally sound throughout the entire production process and product lifecycle. Our unconditional aim is to make sustainability a central part of our business philosophy, and more importantly facilitate a culture that actively integrates sustainability into our daily business activities.
At WANHO, we proactively pursue the implementation of manufacturing processes that compliment our philosophy and adhere to the advancement of our environmental policies.
We actively pursue:
- Lower operating costs – many of our products far exceed ANSI/BHMA standards, translating to longer product life, easier maintenance, both of which reduce harmful landfill waste. Ultimately this results in a reduction in energy usage and an overall minimized carbon footprint.
- Energy conservation – Our recent upgrade to energy-efficient exterior doors and window frames, and the retrofitting of excessive energy-wasting bulbs to low-energy lighting sources are only a few examples of positive actions producing clear and measurable results.
- Healthier and safer for occupants – derived from our use of non-hazardous materials and improved working environments, while actively communicating continuous awareness for the benefits of effective life-safety solutions.
- Environmental sustainability -- Coordinators at divisional levels check that necessary policies, programs and tools regarding environmental issues exist and are implemented, while the HR function at the divisional level oversees social and ethical issues.
Additional Initiatives Include:
- The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) -- a network-based organization that has pioneered the development of the world’s most widely used sustainability reporting framework and is committed to its continuous improvement and application worldwide.
- The Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) -- an international initiative to assess company preparedness with regards to risks and opportunities associated with climate change.
- UN Global Compact -- WANHO Manufacturing supports the United Nations Global Compact and its ten principles, which cover human rights, labor standards, business ethics and the environment.
- Climate Change and Energy Consumption -- at WANHO, we regularly execute a three-step approach to energy optimization with a focus on efficiency and smart solutions in our production processes and in facility management.